4.14.2010

An Evening of "Cookery-Bookery"


This month our bookclub read "My Life in France" by Julia Child.  Everytime I picked it up I escaped into a such a fun place.  Her positive enthusiastic writing about such wonderful experiences in France. 
So, for our book club we all brought a french dish to share.


I set the table with my finest...


and cut sprigs of rosemary from my backyard for the place cards


Wild flowers are so beautiful right now here in TX.  The kids and I went and cut flowers for the table.

I spent the evening before following Juila's very famous "BEEF BOURGUIGNON" recipe, and also her "Pate Choux" (eclairs)

Other Ladies brought Quiche Lorraine, French Bread, Gruyere Puffs, French Fries, creme puffs, a sorbet mold and Ratatouille!  Needless to say, we sat chatting at the table for nearly 3.5 hours!!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jami Schoettler said...

How fun! My husband bought me Mastering the Art of French Cooking for my birthday. I would love to try so many of her recipes. Jami