8.04.2011

The Hanging Moon Cake (semi-tutorial)

Here are the instructions, though not super detailed.
I kind of made it up as I went…so I hope this makes sense:


I used the wilton ball pan. Then I went to home depot and got a really long threaded screw (it didn’t have a head on it) Then bought a washer that would fit that was 1 or 1.5 inches in diameter and flat, and a nut for the end. Then I put the screw through the cake, added the other stuff at the bottom, Put the fondant on it, and Froze it. I don’t know how much longer it would have lasted…4 hours was probably the max. You’ll have to play around with it a bit, because I am sure there is a better way!
The idea was to have a stick through it and either a plate, or cardboard or something to hold it at the bottom. The washer seemed to work the best, even thought it was small. I thought of using a bowl or something, but it didn’t stick with the round shape.



















Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

KimberlyD said...

Love it!

ju said...

Oi
adorei sua ideia do bolo suspenso.
Meu filho Eduardo fez sete anos e o tema foi espacial, dai aproveitei sua ideia e fiz este bolo. Voce não imagina o sucesso que fez.Breve te mando uma foto.Parabens e adooro , seu blog